Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Settings and a short excerpt of a story
















The chilling wind blew my face, terrifying stray wolves howled at night. This was not a usual route I had taken to return to my "home sweet home". This place was abandoned very long time ago, there were dumped wastes and broken, uprooted trees here. The dim light flashed like an unused wasted bulb. The shadows of things here waved on the wall, the noise of the thrown cats and dogs instilled paralyzing fear on me. I gradually slowed down my pace of footsteps as I noticed something weird. There were scribbles of the word "DIE" everywhere, the words were painted with the color which seemed like the mixture of the bloods of human and animals. I began to imagine all the scary things I would meet during this trip. Suddenly, I felt like my chest had been touched by something, a blurred shadow appeared at the back of me under the dim radiance of a corrupted road lamp......

4 comments:

  1. The setting of the story is set on a road where the author is on his usual route back to his home. This story evokes a eerie and frightening atmosphere which also brings out a suspense feeling. I feel that there will be something bad happen to the author. Perhaps, a robbery or a kidnap would happen to the author. Then, the robber or the kidnapper will ask for a ransom. The story probably ends with the police coming to rescue the author and the author managed to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is taken place in a eerie and dark atmosphere. This creates a sense of suspense, making readers guess what bad thing is going to happen next. I think that kidnapping ,robbery or even murder would take place in such a setting, with nobody else there. But the "scribbles of the word "DIE" everywhere" indicate to us that this story would have a very frightnening climax. "mixture of the bloods of human and animals." With blood all over the place, the author would most probably be murdered and his blood would appear too. The story would have a happy ending, with the help of the police or perhaps some passers-by and they would help rescue to author by beating the murderer up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The setting evokes a eerie and spooky feeling in the reader. I think that the story would be about werewolf or ghosts and i fell that the story would end in a cliff hanger where the plight of the personal would not be told

    ReplyDelete
  4. The setting took place in a dark and scary atmosphere, it probably would be a horror story which some kind of murder or even ghost take place. The picture give readers a frightening feel which further shows by "This place was abandoned very long time ago". At the end of the discription also give readers a sense that something bad will happen to the persona.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Mysterian, 6 years later and still goin' strong!